Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

NASA Takedown.

So I and Sarah have both posted information on the existence of arsenic-based life as discovered by NASA. Turns out the methodology of this study is being questioned: see here, and also here.

For information on how NASA is handling the criticism (short answer: badly), see here.

Words cannot describe how ridiculously disappointed I am, both in my hopes about arsenic-based life (see my earlier post update about life on Venus) and in the integrity of an organization which was a pioneer in science for many years, and which represents a nation which was a pioneer in science for many years and is falling behind. What an embarrassment. Somewhere a Chinese chemist is laughing at us.

I'm sure someone will eventually redo the study, and I look forward to the day. Unscrupulous methods don't necessarily invalidate a hypothesis.

No comments:

Post a Comment