Search This Blog

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Green Poetry

I feel like the Japanese have a great sense of place and nature and that relationship with humans. So I have formulated some of my feelings about Green Poetry in the forms of haikus. Then I wrote my own Green Haiku.

Do you understand
Green Poetry, like a tree
Or is it empty?

Is nature crazy?
Or we deceive as we please
Interpretations

Do we all connect?
A web of lies in disguise
Interdependence?


Trees and bumble bees
Silenced by the forest's din
Paths gone here and there

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful haikus! I like the way the questioning haikus lead, at least to my mind, to a kind of response in your final formulated haiku (however sad its suggestion might be--which, incidentally, seems to presage the link Tom posted about the proposed highway through the Serengeti).

    Thanx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the line "A web of lies in disguise/ Interdependence?"

    What is the "lies" you are referring to? Lies to Nature or lies to ourselves?

    ReplyDelete