Search This Blog

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Just Checking In

This week for me has been one with mixed results. Over the course of this last week I have been following the diet plan pretty much on schedule, sticking to mostly fruits and vegetables or vegetarian style meals. But there have been occasions when I have "fallen off the wagon", and indulged in sugary snacks, especially pastries. This love of sweet stuff comes from my upbringing as a child watching my grandfather chase down every meal with something sweet, and then topping his day off with a bowl of ice cream at night before bedtime. Also, my girlfriend and her mother don't help me very much because they always keep the house well stocked with soft baked goodies and frequently solicit me to try them. These reasons and a few others will make this a very challenging problem to tackle for this next week, but not impossible if I can muster the courage and willpower to resist the temptation.

Over the course of this next week I will attempt to wean myself away from the comfort food I have been cheating with, and try to consume more fruit rather than the fruit tarts, but this is going to be a real challenge for me. I will keep you posted on the progress throughout the week which will also help me to stay on track while reminding myself of the importance of this task.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, but this post was meant for the Food Rules Journal Blog. -Derrell

    ReplyDelete